2022-2023: Get Involved!
- Community Calendar: 97 Events Posted by Our Members
- Monthly Networking – In-person
- 4 ESABA Coffee Breaks, Saints game, ESABA Gala, Trip to Vegas, AAPI Expo, Mayor Carter Budget
- Workshop = 225 Member Engagements
- 9 East Side Connects! Online = 180 Member Engagements
- 25 New Businesses Introduced to the East Side with NDC Plan It! Classes
- Hamm’s Brewery: 6 ESABA Member Organizations met with developers, published a joint letter with priorities of our neighborhood, cohosted walking tour with 60 attendees.
- Hillcrest Master Plan: Co-hosted community engagement, supported Master Plan, pushing for emerging housing developers and infrastructure dollars.
- Arcade and East 7th Street Redesign: Hosted meetings with 15 businesses starting with Hmong owned and Latinx owned.
Drive New Business
- New Media Class Spring 2022: 8 Metro State Interns focused on ESABA members to tell more stories of Black Excellence.
- BizRecycling: Free Assessments, cash grants, solid waste savings and sustainability.
- Launched East Side Orbiter: 200 sold, 100 distributed to allies.
- Member Deals: 20 posted deals with room for every ESABA Member.
Strive for Business Preservation
- With big developments coming to the East Side, businesses that are already here are working on big ideas
- Starting with ongoing meetings on Arcade and East 7th
- Leverage development projects and make these corridors safer and better for businesses – look for our next meeting to pursue your ideas!
- Working capital loan funds, Investment Cooperatives, help for you to buy your building, Shared Parking, Corridor improvements like murals, banners, and lighting
What ideas make sense to you?
What resources does your business need to thrive on the East Side?
Create a Safer East Side
- The single most talked about issue for businesses – our community is stressed and we are seeing it in our shops
- Published your solutions for crime prevention through environmental design on the website
- 18 attended first Personal safety and de-escalation training for owners and managers with SPPD
- Public Safety Listening Session with SPACC in June 2022
- Promoting SPPD monthly community meeting
- Help shape our next de-escalation training for Fall 2022
What solutions are working at your business, what experiences have you had?
Accelerate Open for Business
- ESABA has joined the Mayor’s Business Review Council
- Impact the way the City works with Businesses
What positive experiences have you had with the City?
What experiences have you had that could be improved?