Apply now for Planning Commission!
The Planning Commission makes recommendations on municipal planning issues as required by law. It is made up of resident volunteers appointed by the Mayor and approved by the City Council.
There are seven current openings.
Ideal candidates will live in one of the following wards:
- Ward 1 (Summit-University, Frogtown)
- Ward 2 (West Side, Downtown, Fort Road/West 7th)
- Ward 4 (Hamline-Midway, Como, St. Anthony Park, Union Park)
- Ward 6 (Payne Phalen, Greater East Side)
- Ward 7 (Dayton’s Bluff, East View, Conway/Battle Creek/Highwood Hills)
With background or experience in any of the following fields:
- Architecture, civil engineering, and/or urban design
- Arts and/or culturally-based programming
- Business/economic development
- City/urban planning, geography
- Community organizing
- Housing advocacy, development, and/or finance
- Public administration and/or finance
- Youth and/or professional leadership
- 3-year terms, with an opportunity to be reappointed twice
- Meet every other Friday from 8:30-11 a.m. at Saint Paul City Hall
- Serve on at least one committee:
- Communications and Nominations (Once every other month)
- Comprehensive and Neighborhood Planning (Wednesday afternoons, bimonthly)
- Transportation (Monday afternoon, bimonthly)
- Zoning (Thursday afternoon, bimonthly)
People who reflect Saint Paul’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
Planning Commissioners receive a small stipend for their time.
Luis Pereira, Planning Director